Pan Seared Mushrooms with Wilted Spinach
Get a pan hot, throw in some oil, throw in the mushrooms, let them sit long enough to brown before you stir them, throw in some spinach. Done.
- 8 - 16 oz sliced or quartered mushrooms of choice
- 2 T oil of choice, butter, Ghee, coconut,
- 2 - 3 fat garlic cloves, peeled and smashed you will remove them at the end
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 fresh lemon squeeze the juice over the mushrooms and spinach as the last step before serving
- 2 T finely chopped red onion for garnish
Use a large skillet so the mushrooms have a good chance of covering the bottom of the pan in a single layer.
Heat your pan (2 - 5) minutes. Put the oil in the pan and let it get hot but not smoking.
Add the mushrooms in a single layer and leave them alone for about 4 - 5 minutes.
Once that side is seared, stir and add the garlic and thyme. Cook another 2 minutes.
Add 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach. Salt and pepper liberally. Turn off the heat and let the spinach wilt.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the dish. Serve.
Use as is for a side dish or as a condiment/topping/filling for burgers, baked potatoes, sandwiches, wraps, omelets,