Salted Almond Joy Bars
Combine the ingredients for the bars in a bowl. Form it into a rectangle and freeze for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer, cut into the desired size, and dip in the chocolate glaze. Sprinkle with almonds and Kosher salt.
For the bars
- 1 c shredded unsweetened coconut If all you have are the flakes, throw them in the blender to shred.
- 1 T Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c coconut cream Full fat, canned.
- 4 T coconut oil This amount can be reduced or maybe even omitted. It adds flavor, mouthfeel, and calories.
For the glaze
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 c Lily's dark chocolate chips These are sweetened with stevia.
For Sprinkling on after the bars are glazed
- 1 - 3 T chopped or slivered almonds Optional. For sprinkling on after the bars are glazed.
- 1 tsp Kosher salt Optional. For sprinkling on after the bars are glazed.
In a bowl, combine the shredded coconut, 1 T Swerve, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup coconut cream. Mix well.
Form the mixture into a rectangle and freeze for 2 hours.
Once the rectangle is frozen, remove from the freezer and cut into 6 bars then cut those bars in half. Have the glaze ingredients ready to microwave and the garnishes ready.
Put the 4 T butter and 1/2 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips in a bowl that is wide enough for the bars to fit in. Microwave for about 30 seconds. The butter should be hot enough to melt the chips. Stir to combine. Don't over microwave. Use the heat from the butter before adding more time. The chocolate will lose it's shine if it gets too hot.
Dip the cold bars into the warm glaze and sprinkle with garnishes. Work quickly. The glaze will get cooler with each bar. The garnishes stick better if you add them immediately after dipping in the chocolate.