Pan Seared Mushrooms with Wilted Spinach
Get a pan hot, throw in some oil, throw in the mushrooms, let them sit long enough to brown before you stir them, throw in some spinach. Done.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 8 - 16 oz sliced or quartered mushrooms of choice
- 2 T oil of choice, butter, Ghee, coconut,
- 2 - 3 fat garlic cloves, peeled and smashed you will remove them at the end
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 fresh lemon squeeze the juice over the mushrooms and spinach as the last step before serving
- 2 T finely chopped red onion for garnish
Use a large skillet so the mushrooms have a good chance of covering the bottom of the pan in a single layer.
Heat your pan (2 - 5) minutes. Put the oil in the pan and let it get hot but not smoking.
Add the mushrooms in a single layer and leave them alone for about 4 - 5 minutes.
Once that side is seared, stir and add the garlic and thyme. Cook another 2 minutes.
Add 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach. Salt and pepper liberally. Turn off the heat and let the spinach wilt.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the dish. Serve.
Use as is for a side dish or as a condiment/topping/filling for burgers, baked potatoes, sandwiches, wraps, omelets,